From my own experiences, I find Canada a really great place to live. Here are few interesting facts about Canada that I didn’t know.
- Canada’s flag became official on February 15, 1965, that was almost 100 years after it became a country in 1867. Canada has used about 13 different flags before Maple Leaf.
- This next fact I find really interesting. In Narcisse Snake Dens (130 km north of Winnipeg) in Mid-April, you can actually see tens of thousands of garter snakes. I have never actually seen it for myself, but I really would like to.
- The Canada/USA border is the longest international border in the world.
- Canada is the first country to build a UFO landing pad, it was built in Alberta.
- The $1 bill was replaced by a coin with the face of a common loon (bird) on one side, Queen Elizabeth on the other.
- Basketball was invented by a Canadian coach James Naismith in 1891.
- Canada is one of the most educated country in the world. It has over 99% literacy rate and over half of Canadians have college degrees.
Info Credits: http://www.lifebuzz.com/canada/